The 2016 13th Annual East Bay Judo Tournament will be Sunday September 18th
The tournament will be held at:
El Cerrito High School Gymnasium
540 Ashbury Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Please follow the link below to download the tournament entry form.
Registration and weigh-in:
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM for Juniors (6-8yrs old)
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM for Juniors (9-12yrs old)
10:00 – 11:00 AM for intermediates (13-16 yrs old)
11:00 – 12:00 AM for All Seniors Division
Note: Families with multiple competitors can register/check in all their children with their youngest competitor.
Officials Meeting: 9:30 AM
Tournament starts at 10:00AM
Online pre-registration will be available from August 1 through September 16 at http://www.ebji.org/ Online registration will be $40. EARLY-BIRD-DISCOUNT (through September 9) will be $30. All payments will be made through Paypal. Incomplete online registrations will be charged the WALK-UP entry fee.
Walk-Up Entry Fee $60.00
Please make checks payable to: East Bay Judo Institute. A $20.00 fee will be charged on all returned checks
All matches will be conducted using the current contest rules for Judo as stipulated by the International Judo Federation (IJF), with the following modifications:
1. The following techniques will not be permitted for contestants 12 years of age and under:
1. Shime-Waza (Choking techniques)
2. Double Drop-Knee Seoinage
2. Kansetsu-Waza (Joint lock techniques) will be allowed in the Black Belt divisions only.
3. The illegal application of techniques in #1 or #2 will result in Hansoku Make (loss of that match).
4. Judogi check for non-black belts will follow the pre-2009 rules and allow the contestant to change judogi.
5. Blue and white judogi (or alternatively, white judogi with blue and white belt) are required for all contestants.
6. CARE system will not be use. Matches will be officiated by referee assisted by 2 judges.
7. Contest areas will be 6.5m x 6.5m with a 4m safety area.
Black belt divisions: ………………………………………………..5 Min
All other divisions……………………………………………………3 Min
1. Only wazari and ippon will be scored. All penalties will be called.
2. Shido penalties will not determine the outcome of the match. If scores are tied at end of regulation match time, match will go to Golden Score.
a. Only score of Wazari or Ippon/Hansoku Make will end Golden Score (Shido will not end Golden Score!)
3. The winning contestant in each match will be awarded points, according to the level of win, as follows:
a. Ippon 10 points
b. Wazari 7 points
Note: If you plan on attending this tournament, you must notify your instructor before going to this tournament. Your Instructor Must sign the competitor entry form before you attend the tournament.